Saturday, 5 April 2014

Pink, Polished and Pretty


 
Pink and polished

This season we are seeing a polished ’50s style with modern updates.
Leather and nylon handbag, Louis Vuitton, $3,450; louisvuitton.com
Patent leather and mesh peep-toes by Rupert Sanderson, $675 rupertsanderson.com
Rhinestone and brass cuffs, Lizzy Couture, $180


Valentino
Again with this Valentino lace bodice we re mixing exquisitely feminine sheer lace with bold hot pink with is both elegant and pretty by #Stylebop.

From Sundance.com
These Pink Lady Cluster Earrings are both simple and feminine. The soft ballet pink is flattering to most skin tones and looks beautiful combined with rose gold and silver accessories.


Ladylike pink pearls embody femininity. Clusters of five gather on sterling silver findings beneath French wires. Cultured freshwater pearls.

 Lupita Nyong'o never puts a foot wrong.
 Lupita Nyong'o shining her natural light at the BAFTA nominees party in a classical Chanel Coutirue ladylike pink tweed suit with a playful candy-striped Chanel purse and metallic Christian Louboutin pumps.Ahh to have a great stylist with an unlimited budget.

Olivia Palermo
 Olivia Palermo almost always nails the look for the occasion. This is no except. Check out her other looks at our Pinterest Board dedicated to this style icon.

Shoes:  Anne Klein
As you may or may not know, I have had several bouts of surgery recently, not the least of which was the forth operation on my knee (after a surgeon botched a routine ACL reconstruction). I also had surgery on my spine, but that's another story.

The crux of this story is that I am now relegated to wearing flats, which is completely depressing when I look down the barrel of a life without heels. I love heels. I mean really love heels. Always have. I used to doodle them in my school books in primary (junior) school and have always has a healthy obsession with them. So now, with a great sense of irony, I am relegated to gravity bound flats.

Oh, I am trying to embrace them. I now have 3 pairs of  ballet flats (rose gold, black and beige) and a pair of pointed sling backs (white). But when I saw the lovely shoes above I realised that I may just be able to cope with flats. I just have to rework my passion and sell all the heels in my closed (I get depressed whenever I go in there), and just not look at the heels when I enter a shoe store (I cried when I saw a beautiful pair last week - I kid you not!). I just need pink ones now.
OCD Cosmetics Lip Tar
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar - Matte Interlace 0.33 ozis the perfect ladylike pink.
dorella.com

From Dorella - short sleeve pink dress $59