Monday, 21 October 2013

Rebranding of my beloved Blossom Design

I have been trading as Blossom Graphic Design since 2007, after moving away from my own make up brand, Di Kennedy Cosmetics. I saw how many women and men, working as aestheticians, make up artists, studios and therapists, all wanted to have their own branded products, and at the same time, realised that it wasn't the day to day running of the cosmetics business I liked, it was the setting up, marketing and getting the product to sell.

So I stopped my own brand and all of a sudden my former stockists all wanted their own lines, so I began the journey into Blossom Graphic Design. Word spread and pay client list grew. My website for blossomgraphicdesign.com grew, and pretty soon I was employing developers, freelance designers and accountants. I also worked with my favourite Canadian cosmetics manufacturer to enable small businesses to be able to brand small quantities of key products for their brands.

Six years down the track, I am the proud owner of a successful design studio, which is popular because we have services and and products that no one else can offer. I am a classically trained painter, from University of Sydney's prestigious Sydney College Of The Arts, as well as having been trained at the exclusive Sydney Institute of Technology's Enmore Design Centre. I have worked in agencies all over Sydney, large and small, boutique and corporate, in a range of industries. But my passion is beauty, opulence, neoclassicism, post modernism, using old with new, beautiful typography and I am so lucky to have found my niche.

Potential clients come to Blossom because they like our style, trust our professionalism and transparency and want to enbue their brand with the sass of Blossom.

Recently I trademarked the name Blossom as there are several company's trying to leverage off our success, as well as an older company whose identity was lacking, and I simply didn't want,people to thing that was us.

I wracked my brain for a solution, and it came to me at about 2am. Clients approach my company because of my particular style, my passion and my attitude. Basically I am Miss Blossom (although the Miss Blossom in my head is younger, thinner and sassier). So I made the decision to become Miss Blossom Design, and only employ sassy, savvy people who reflect the values and taste of her style.

Miss Blossom Design is not ashamed to be pink, she spreads sparkle where ever she goes, her design work is a true reflection of the client's dreams and she does it all in a ladylike and feminine fashion.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

Miss Blossom xoxo