Sunday, 5 May 2013

Lauduree

It all began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, a miller from France’s southwest, created a bakery at 16 rue Royale in Paris. 
In 1871, while Baron Haussmann was giving Paris a ‘‘new face’’, a fire made access to the transformation of the bakery to a pastry shop. 
The decoration of the pastry shop was entrusted to Jules Cheret, a famous turn-of-the-century painter and poster artist. M Cheret sought inspiration from the painting techniques used for the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and the Garnier Opera. By incorporating them in his work, he added depth and relief to the ceilings ornamented with cherubic children.
Ernest Ladurée’s wife, Jeanne Souchard, daughter of a well-known hotelier in Rouen, had the idea of mixing styles: the Parisian café and pastry shop gave birth to one of the first tea salons in town
Information from http://www.laduree.fr/en/histoire 

Image via www.lauduree.fr





Image via www.commons.wikimedia.org





 
Image via www.observer.com


Image via www.principalplanner.blogspot.com
Image via www.solonelyingorgeous.com
Image via www.danielfooddiary.com
Image via www.inkedology.wordpress.com
Image via www.smudgetikka.com
Image via www.aacissej.tumblr.com
Image via www.suchprettythings.typepad.com
Image via www.do-re-mila.tumblr.com
Image via www.joyofdesserts.blogspot.com
Image via www.huffharrington.com
Image via www.liveshoptravel.com